Governance Workshop is a biweekly, open meeting where we discuss specific proposals that are in progress and workshop new ideas about Rook's governance process.
To participate in the calls and ask any questions you may have, join our Discord
Rook has two KIPs currently up for a vote:
- KIP-32 - Voting Participation and Weights.
- KIP-31 - Convert renBTC to WBTC.
Progress on core documents: [1:23m]
- The Mission and Purpose document has been drafted and is being reviewed internally. It will be made available to the community soon.
- The Treasury Charter is also continuing to take shape.
- Stay tuned for Q3 Recaps, which will follow the format of the Q2 Recaps.
Sophon Onboarding Process [3:35m]
There is currently a Sophon that would like to step down due to time constraints. This is a good potential opportunity to trial and refine an onboarding process before implementing it more broadly.
In discussing the proposed process posted to the Rook forum, participants had a number of suggestions:
- The process - and especially the evaluation period - needs a more specific time frame.
- In order to avoid a “popularity contest” and give candidates time to prepare high-quality responses, pre-determined questions could be gathered from the community and posed equally to all candidates.
- That said, the chance to engage in dialogue with each candidate during the process will also be very important.
- Since Sophons can be anonymous, the framework needs to make efforts to validate reputation and define ethical criteria as part of the nomination process.
This Sophon replacement process is in the early stages and will hopefully evolve in the coming weeks – stay tuned for updates and leave comments on the forum if you would like to provide input.
Open Floor [35:40m]
- The DAO is reaching the final stages of developing a POAP for the community participation, which will be distributed soon and iterated upon as feedback is received.